How do you choose a bicycle size? Many bicycle manufacturing companies have launched a measurement table that contributes to determining the appropriate bicycle for each person based on weight, length, and leg height, and we find My bike shop It is full of various models for people whose height exceeds 190 centimeters and weighs 120 kilograms, so follow us to find out more details.
How do you choose a bicycle size?
You can choose the size of the bicycle based on some criteria, as the bicycle measurements depend on the diameter of the tires, which often range from 12 to 26 inches, and between the width of the tires that vary between 1.75 and 2.2 inches, and in order for you to determine the measurements, it is preferable to review the following points:-
- Small bikes are based on sizes starting from 14 inches and are suitable for children from 3 to 12 years old, whose body length is less than 150 cm.
- Medium-sized bikes, which start from 15 inches to 20 inches, which are suitable for people whose height ranges from 157 to 175 centimeters.
- The bikes are large in size, ranging from 21 to 22 inches, and are also suitable for people whose height exceeds 176 centimeters.
Read more: How to choose a bicycle size
After knowing how to choose the size of the bicycle, we can mention the most important components of the bicycle, for example:
- The frame is one of the most important parts of the bike, as it connects all the other parts to each other, and it is often made of reinforced metal that can withstand pressure.
- Bicycles include a number of tires or wheels that help lift the metal structure while facing obstacles while driving, and are connected to the body of the bicycle by a piece called a fork.
- Tires are often made of synthetic rubber, and their diameter may vary according to size, and some external tires can even be used, such as Kenda Bicycles Tiers Which is available at a price of 69 riyals.
- The pedals are known as pedals, as we find them installed on the metal frame of the wheels, and their role is to transfer kinetic energy in exchange; for the bike to move forward.
- You can get a variety of options patellas Via my bike shop for bicycles that fit different types of bikes.
- The bicycle handle plays a major role in controlling the directions of the bicycle and its ability to rotate, as it is connected to the front tire.
- Some rubber pieces can be added to the steering wheel for more stability while driving, and we find that the store is full of many pieces, where you can buy Anti-slip handle At a price of 30 riyals.
- The bike seat varies according to size and type. For example, we find wide seats for walking at somewhat slow speeds, while thin seats are suitable for walking long distances. so that it allows the legs to move better.
- It is even possible to change the seat to a more comfortable one, through the set of seats offered by my bike store for bicycles, for example Pneumatic wheelbase seat At only 88 riyals.
- Chain motors are more efficient when used, and we also find some pneumatic wheels that rely on highly advanced electric motors.
- You can buy Shimano Slx Chain 12 Speed At a price of 158 riyals.
- The brakes, or brakes, control the speed of the bike, which is communicated between the transmission and the front and rear wheels.
- If you want to change the transmission to better activate the brakes of the bike, we advise you to buy Right shift 9-speed SHIMANO ACERA Right Shift Which comes at a price of 121 riyals.
Read more: The most important components of a bicycle
Types of bicycles
Looking at the most popular types of bicycles, we find them as follows: –
It is also known as road bikes, as it relies on medium speeds and simple brakes with fairly wide seats, in addition to heavy tires that enable it to walk on paved roads.
The bike weighs approximately 14 kilograms and is also considered to be of low cost and does not require periodic maintenance COZON ROAD DAX TIAGRA sport bike The best commuting bikes are priced at 2890 riyals.
Touring bikes often rely on three wheels for more stability on the road while carrying items. Thus allowing passengers to carry some luggage in the front or rear trunk.
It also relies on thin tires and narrow gears that enable it to start quickly, as you can request tricycle Via my bike store for bicycles at a price of up to 1589 riyals for a limited time.
Hybrid bikes come with multiple advantages, as they combine mountain bikes with bikes for commuting, as they rely on wide tires with flat handlebars that are easy to control, in addition to the possibility of walking on bumpy or flat roads with ease.
As for the best hybrid bikes available on the Darajati Najd website X2S Hybrid Cozon A hybrid bicycle from Cozon with front suspension Which amounts to 2380 riyals.
Mountain bikes rely on flat handlebars and wide tires with very powerful brakes that allow the user to control the bike while climbing hills in a vertical position, a good example of this Upland Vanguard mountain bike The price of which reaches 1980 riyals.
Some call it a dirt bike or motocross, as it is a sand racing bike, as it is characterized by a light weight of up to 9 kilograms, which enables it to start at great speed, and it also has a light structure with thin tires and a low handlebar.
so that it can better maneuver and jump barriers, so if you prefer this type of bike, we advise you to buy it Totem BMX bike At a price of 980 riyals.
Read more: Types of bicycles and their prices
The story of the invention of the bicycle
We know how to choose the size of the bicycle? Now we can take a quick look at the story of the invention of the bicycle, as it dates back to 1418 when an engineer in Italy developed a human traction device consisting of four wheels and a connected ring.
In the year 1815 AD, after the Tambora volcano in Indonesia, a large number of horses that were used for transportation died. This prompted some to invent a tool that assists movement with only two wheels. In the early sixties, French designer Pierre Lallmann patented a running machine or bicycle in our time, which was based on two wheels and a gear system installed with pedals.
The benefits of a bicycle
As for the benefits of a bicycle, they are innumerable, for example:
Reducing chances of heart disease
- Cycling contributes to maintaining heart health and reducing the chances of stroke or heart attack by up to 50%.
- Where do you recommend Global Health Organization People who suffer from heart problems experience family cycling, which does not require much effort while driving and at the same time helps to reduce harmful LDL cholesterol.
- We find the store offers Four wheels bike - arranged At a price of 1980 riyals only.
- Bicycles play a major role in reducing weight. This is done by activating the muscles of the body in general and getting rid of the fat accumulated in the abdomen, waist and buttocks in a safe way.
- Studies have shown that riding a bicycle for half an hour helps burn about 700 calories, compared to riding a stationary home bicycle, which reaches only 400 calories.
Reduce stress and anxiety
- Cycling helps reduce mental stress and the constant feeling of anxiety and stress by regulating the secretion of adrenaline and endorphins in the body.
sense of balance
- Cycling achieves more balance and concentration by stimulating the motor nerves responsible for balance in the body, as well as stimulating the cerebral cortex and the central nervous system.
Read more: The benefits of a bicycle
The harms of riding a bicycle
As for the harms of riding bicycles, they are as follows:
- It is of limited effectiveness, as it depends on stimulating the movements of the abdomen and waist more compared to using sports equipment.
- Feeling severe pain in the back, legs and arms when cycling for long periods.
- Hypoglycemia or low blood sugar when driving on an empty stomach.
- Pressure on the genitals for long periods, which affects the sexual ability of men.
- Bruises in the intestines or spleen, with fractures in the joints or extremities.
Tips for riding a bicycle
Experts offer a set of tips when riding bicycles:
- Wearing a helmet and knee protectors as well as a face mask for more protection and safety, and we find my bike shop for bicycles offers a lot of gloves And the masks like that Bicycle helmets .
- It is preferable that the bike be suitable for weight and height so that it does not cause curves or excruciating pain in the spine or the muscles of the body.
- It is preferable to wear sportswear suitable for cycling; To help launch, we find, for example, the site offers a selection of Sports T-shirts And the shorts Made of high quality materials.
- Ensure that all bike accessories are available to avoid any sudden breakdowns, such as: Bicycle inflators Available at my bike shop.
Read more: Important cycling tips to keep you safe
What muscles does the bike strengthen?
Bicycles help to strengthen the muscles of the thighs and buttocks, as well as the calves, while strengthening the tendons of the knees, for the lower part of the body, as for the upper part, we find the wheels contribute to strengthening the heart muscle and the spine.
Is it better to walk or ride a bike?
Of course, cycling is better than walking in terms of activating the muscles of the whole body. Thus burning more calories, maintaining muscle density, and at the same time shortening distances, while walking causes more pressure on the joints of the legs.
Does riding a bike flatten the stomach?
Yes, riding a bike helps flatten the abdomen by moving the muscles vigorously for a long time. Which works to burn the fat accumulated in the rumen area and get rid of the problem of sagging skin; Thus getting a flat stomach.
Finally, how do you choose the size of the bicycle? Where many people get confused when determining the lengths of the bike and the diameter of the tires; This is due to the different sizes and categories, and we find my bike store for bicycles that offers various options to buy the appropriate bike according to height and weight.