Does cycling cause hemorrhoids? Where some studies indicated that the practice of some strenuous exercises or the use of sports equipment may negatively affect people who suffer from the problem of hemorrhoids.
Therefore, we were keen to answer that question by presenting a number of bicycle models that do not cause any significant harm to hemorrhoid patients, and are available through the My Bike store for bicycles in various categories and at competitive prices.
Does sports cause hemorrhoids?
Of course, there are some sports that increase the chances of hemorrhoids, on top of which is lifting weights or Roman wrestling, as these sports cause an increase in blood pumping for long periods to the veins and arteries lining the anus and rectum; Which leads to swollen veins and inflammation of the skin known as hemorrhoids.
Moreover, many doctors attribute hemorrhoids to the habits associated with exercise, which is represented by eating a lot of proteins that cause the absorption of a large amount of fluid in the body; Thus, constipation or exacerbation of hemorrhoids.
Not only that, but the use of stationary exercise bikes is also a major cause of hemorrhoids when used improperly or sitting on them for long periods; Therefore, doctors advise to turn to riding bicycles, which are considered safer, and we find my bike store for bicycles that offers an Upland carbon fiber bicycle , which is characterized by a comfortable seat that protects against hemorrhoids.
Read more: Does riding a bike cause impotence?
What are the causes of hemorrhoids
As for the most important causes of hemorrhoids, we find them as follows:
- Constipation is one of the most important causes of hemorrhoids, as it results in a decrease in the amount of fluid in the body. Thus, the stool comes out very hard, which harms the anus. As for the causes of constipation, we find, for example, the adoption of an unhealthy diet that lacks fiber or fluids.
Sitting for long periods
- Sitting for long periods causes pressure on the veins lining the anus, especially when sitting on the toilet or staying in a squatting position for long hours without moving, as this leads to muscle relaxation.
strenuous aerobic exercise
- Stress in the gym or strenuous exercise may lead to some problems related to the anus, so these exercises can be replaced by cycling, which achieves the same benefit in terms of activating the muscles of the body and at the same time does not cause hemorrhoids.
- We find the My Bike website for bicycles that offers many models that do not require much effort while driving, such as a tricycle or a four-wheeled bicycle .
- Many people prefer to eat spicy foods that cause diarrhea and anal inflammation. Hence the infection of hemorrhoids in the long run.
How does cycling affect hemorrhoids?
Cycling is the best alternative medical option for treating hemorrhoids, as it regulates blood flow to the anus, while improving food digestion. Hence, no constipation.
However, there are some cases in which cycling affects hemorrhoids, especially if they are in advanced stages, as sitting for long periods on a hard seat with the movement of switching legs increases pressure on more swelling and inflammation, especially when passing on some mountain heights or facing Some off-road tracks.
Therefore, you can choose bicycles with a comfortable mattress, drive a smart electric scooter , or try a distinctive electric skateboard that does not cause pressure at all on the pelvic muscles or affect hemorrhoids in any way.
Read more: Does riding a bicycle affect hemorrhoids?
As for the symptoms of hemorrhoids, they are:
- Feeling of intense itching or drops of blood when riding bicycles or doing strenuous exercise.
- The feeling of discomfort when sitting for long periods, so that the patient feels severe irritation or burning that is difficult to get rid of by traditional methods.
- The appearance of an inflamed bump inside the anus that increases in size when defecating.
What is the appropriate sport for patients with hemorrhoids?
As for the appropriate sports for hemorrhoid patients, we find them as follows:
- Jogging or swimming in addition to yoga exercises, as it does not cause pressure on the lower back, as is the case in lifting weights, on the contrary, it contributes to accelerating the recovery from hemorrhoids.
- It is also possible to use home sports equipment such as elliptical trainers or bicycles that activate the muscles of the entire body while losing weight. Thus not putting pressure on the pelvic muscles.
- We find mountain bikes and road bikes available on the My Bike website that achieve the best results in terms of weight loss and reducing pain in the event of hemorrhoids.
Read more: Does frequent cycling affect men and women?
squats and hemorrhoids
Many people ask about the effect of squatting exercises on hemorrhoids, where we can first define squat exercises, as it is a group of exercises that focus on strengthening the muscles of the legs, buttocks, and thighs, so that the knees are bent and bent in some way until those muscles are activated and a lot of calories are burned. thermal.
The World Health Organization also recommends that these exercises not be practiced if you have hemorrhoids or problems in the pelvic area. In order not to suffer serious collateral damage, it is preferable to do simple exercises such as yoga or cycling that achieve the same purpose without exhausting the pelvic muscles.
Therefore, we advise you to visit the My Bike website for bicycles and choose what suits you from hybrid bicycles that offer models that follow major international brands. For example, we find the Cozon bicycle that has unique advantages in terms of strengthening the pelvic muscles without the need to practice squats when suffering from hemorrhoids.
Treatment of hemorrhoids
As for the methods of treating hemorrhoids, we can summarize them in the following points: –
- Using topical analgesics before and after defecation, as this contributes to reducing the feeling of pain.
- Sit in a warm bath for 10 minutes before passing stools.
- Avoid using dry paper tissues that cause an increase in inflammation or that contain alcohol, and replace them with tissues moistened with water.
- placing ice packs near the anus; This would numb the nerves and not feel the pain.
- Relying on laxatives or suppositories that break up the stool and make it easier to pass.
- Eat healthy foods rich in fiber, in addition to drinking plenty of fluids, which will soften the stool.
- Hemorrhoidectomy is one of the procedures that the doctor resorts to when previous methods fail to get rid of this problem.
- Wear comfortable sportswear when riding bicycles that prevent sweating or increased friction at the anus.
Read more: How riding a bike improves bodily functions
Does walking hurt hemorrhoid patient?
Walking does not cause any harm to the patient with hemorrhoids. On the contrary, it helps to reduce the feeling of pain and reduce the severity of swelling and inflammation. However, if you feel uncomfortable, you can consult a doctor to get a pain reliever or treat this problem.
Does weight gain cause hemorrhoids?
Of course, weight gain exacerbates the problem of hemorrhoids, as this leads to an increase in friction, especially if fat accumulates in the abdomen, waist, and buttocks. Therefore, doctors advise the necessity of reducing weight when suffering from hemorrhoids, while riding bicycles, and choosing a bicycle with four wheels, two mattresses .
Does standing cause hemorrhoids?
Standing does not cause hemorrhoids in any way, but on the contrary, sitting for long periods causes hemorrhoids, but it is preferable to rely on a healthy diet that protects against hemorrhoids or reduces its complications.
Are hemorrhoids caused by the eye?
Some people get hemorrhoids because of the wrong daily habits associated with drinking small amounts of water, eating too much protein and carbohydrates, or carrying heavy things.
Finally, does sports cause hemorrhoids? Where certain types of sports cause increased pain when suffering from hemorrhoids, such as wrestling and weightlifting, but on the other hand, we find other sports that contribute to solving this problem, such as riding bicycles available through my bike store.