The benefits of a fixed cycle for slimming, which we will review with you on the My Bike website for stationary cycling, are sure and proven benefits in getting rid of excess fat accumulated in various parts of the body, especially the lower part of the body. It is a safe home sport that enables you to obtain physical fitness, physical strength and ideal weight.
Features of Cycle exercises
Cycle exercises have many advantages that make them your first choice in losing weight, including:
- Ease of use and no need for a large place to put the wheel.
- Not to cause noise in the place.
- Safety of use, it is a safe sports machine suitable for all ages, even the elderly.
- Helping to strengthen muscles and burn fat in record time while continuing to exercise.
The most important benefits of a fixed cycle for slimming
The stationary bike has a major role in getting rid of stored fat and slimming in general, as follows:
- The stationary bike helps burn a lot of calories and supports physical strength, which helps burn fat and get rid of excess weight.
- Getting rid of rumen fat and fat in the depths of the abdomen (visceral fat) without affecting the abdominal muscles.
- Helping to burn glucose and fats stored in the body, especially the lower part of it, such as the waist and buttocks.
- The benefits of a steady cycle for slimming are evident in improving mood and reducing stress, helping to increase the secretion of the hormone cortisol, which in turn leads to weight gain.
- Helping to improve physical fitness and increase activity and movement to help burn more fat and lose weight quickly.
- Helping to control the levels of pressure and diabetes in the body, which helps to burn more stored fats and not get more of them.
- Improving sexual performance, which greatly helps burn more calories and lose more weight.
- Strengthening the abdominal muscles, especially the lean muscles.
Does stationary bike burn belly fat?
There are many benefits of the stationary bike for the abdomen, as it helps to get rid of the old accumulated fat and rumen if it is used in the following way:
- If you're new, you should adopt a regular exercise routine that includes 30 minutes of moderate-intensity cardio five or six times a week.
- Doing medium-intensity exercises on a stationary bike that raises heart rates between 50 and 70% as a maximum.
- The cycling period can be divided into approximately 10 minutes if you cannot continue exercising for half an hour straight.
My experience with the fixed cycle to slim the abdomen
A unique experience in which I benefited from the benefits of the fixed cycle for slimming in losing the accumulated belly fat inside me by doing high-intensity exercises in the following way:
- Do as many sessions as possible after being able to do the exercise properly moderately.
- Increase the resistance or level when cycling for use in a couple of exercises.
- Continue the exercise for 30 to 30 minutes to raise your heart rate to 65 to 85% as a maximum.
Benefits of a fixed butt cycle
Stationary bike exercises target the muscles in the buttocks. The exercises require the legs to move in a specific pattern along the front and back of the hips. This helps:
- Enhance muscle flexibility during movement.
- Resistance training, which greatly supports muscle strength.
- Tighten the buttocks and give them a consistent appearance.
- Helping to burn fat in the backside and reduce its size.
Does the fixed cycle slim the thighs?
Yes; My experience with the stationary bike for the thighs was a unique experience by following the following steps during the exercises, as advised by the trainer:
- Move the pedals with the legs after riding the stationary bike and continue to do so for ten minutes.
- Work to increase the time to half an hour to help burn fat faster.
- Increasing the rate of difficulty of the exercise by standing on the pedals to increase the pressure on the legs to raise the body's ability to resist the pressure to increase the burn.
- Continuing to gradually increase the time of using the bike until a full hour to burn 335 calories for rapid slimming.
Read also: The benefits of cyclamen for the thigh
The benefits of a stationary bike for sexual health
The stationary bike has a great role in improving sexual relations, and it may also carry potential harms. Therefore, we detail this:
The benefits of cyclo-exercise
- Support and enhance sex drive by up to 30%.
- Riding a stationary bike helps increase blood pumping rates in the body by about 50%, which stimulates and increases body activity and sexual ability.
- Raise rates of effort with regular exercise, which helps to do enough of it during the marital relationship to satisfy both parties.
- Supporting sexual health and sexual saturation for both spouses by increasing desire, sperm count, and physical strength.
- Getting rid of stress and anxiety, thus improving the mood, raising the efficiency of the marital encounter, and solving many of its problems.
- Protection from diseases such as high cholesterol, diabetes, and pressure, which are all diseases that negatively affect intimacy.
- Strengthening the muscles of the body by operating most of them during the exercises, which are the same muscles used in movement during the marital relationship.
- The benefits of the fixed cycle for slimming are manifested in getting rid of the weight gain that hinders the multiplicity of sexual positions, as it works to tighten the abdomen and buttocks.
- There are many benefits of the stationary bike for women in both sexes, as they lose excess weight, stimulate blood circulation, and support physical health and mood.
The effects of stationary bikes on men
Despite the benefits of stationary cycling for slimming and sex, increasing the duration of riding a stationary bike has a negative effect on sex for men as follows:
- Impairment of sexual health resulting from increased pressure and tingling in the perineum.
- Studies show that increasing the duration of riding a bike leads to numbness in the penis of men.
- Faulty riding or exposure to slopes increases perineal tingling, but it is a rare symptom.
Read also: The benefits of cycling for the knee
Which is better, the fixed cycle or the treadmill?
The truth is that both devices are safe exercise equipment targeting the lower body, but they may differ somewhat in the following points:
- The treadmill helps strengthen bones, lose belly fat, strengthen core muscles and tone the entire body.
- Home run works on joints, knee and other joints.
- The bike helps to strengthen the muscles of the thighs, buttocks and calves, and also helps to tone the muscles and lose weight.
- Both devices strengthen the heart and lung.
- The benefits of both devices are not limited to the lower body, they both have a lot of benefits for the upper body as well.
The amount of calories burned
The treadmill helps burn about 600 to 700 calories per hour exercise, while the bike burns about 400 calories.
- The risk is higher with a treadmill than with a bicycle because walking on it is a high-impact activity.
- The risk of losing balance increases when using a home treadmill and stepping on the foot.
- The degree of risk of injury decreases with a stationary bike, as it may only cause pain in the back, knees and shoulder, which will quickly go away with good management.
Read also: The benefits of sports cycling for the body
What are the disadvantages of a fixed cycle?
Yes; Despite the benefits of the fixed cycle for slimming and strengthening the body in general, it has disadvantages that we summarize in the following:
- Less than other sports in the rate of burning.
- Not able to raise heart rates to levels reached with other sports.
- The possibility of exposure to pain in the lower back or knees and legs.
- The stationary bike may cause blood pressure and diabetes levels to be lower than usual.
- The appearance of a rash caused by friction between clothes and legs.
Also read: The pros and cons of a bicycle
Tips for using a fixed cycle to lose weight
Now that you know the benefits of the fixed cycle for slimming, how can these benefits be obtained and fully utilized? This is what we summarize as follows:
- Do warm-up exercises by taking deep breaths inside.
- Do slow walking exercises for about three minutes.
- Adjust the seat height of the stationary bike and the handlebars so as not to put pressure on the spine during exercise.
- It is recommended to stand on the side of the stationary bike to adjust the height of the upper seat part of the bicycle so that it is aligned with the upper part of the hip area.
- Choose bikes with comfortable, wide, soft seats.
- Wearing sports shoes to not put too much pressure on the ankle and feet.
- Drink plenty of water, even when you are not thirsty, to keep enough water in your body to prevent dehydration.
- Exercise on the fixed wheel for about a quarter of an hour a day regularly.
- Gradually increase the training on the wheel, and the exercise time can be divided into parts when it is not possible to continue the exercise until the end.
- Controlling the amount of effort exerted by the resistance handle, the greater the effort during exercise, the faster the fat disposal.
- Don't do what your body can't handle, you can take a break when you feel tired during it.
- Consult a doctor to determine the safe amount of exercise when suffering from high blood pressure, diabetes or heart disease.
Top frequently asked questions
Is stationary bike cardio?
Yes, the stationary bike is one of the types of cardio exercises that help pump blood in the heart and strengthen its muscles, in addition to strengthening the lungs and improving the flow of oxygen in the body.
What muscles does the stationary bike strengthen?
The bike helps to strengthen the hamstrings, calves, lower abs, quadriceps and gluteal muscles.
Does the home stationary bicycle replace walking for diabetics?
The "Times of India" newspaper indicates that regular exercise for half an hour a day is one of the best types of treatment for type 2 diabetes that achieves protection against complications, and the stationary bike is the best of these sports.
How long do you exercise on a stationary bike?
It is often recommended to ride the bike for a quarter of an hour at the beginning on a daily basis, then increase it gradually for half an hour to 45 minutes a day or twice a week as a minimum, or according to the place to be slimmed down, the trainee's ability, and what the trainer sees in the sessions.
Does riding a bike cause impotence?
Yes; Using the wheel for a long time may cause erectile dysfunction due to the pressure of the saddle on the perineal area (between the genital area and the anus) and affect the nerves and blood flow rate, causing tingling and numbness in the penis, causing impotence.
The benefits of a fixed cycle for slimming are countless and can be used to lose belly and buttocks fat, by following the tips previously detailed, through which you can also strengthen the body and muscles and obtain many other benefits.