Benefits of riding a bicycle for joints:
With age, our bodies need more care and attention. The most important thing that may be affected as a result is the joints
As it is considered one of the most important parts of the body
susceptible to injuries. In particular, they become more fragile and tend to weaken faster
In previous and various articles, we have talked about the benefits of cycling for the heart, as well as for diabetics , but today we will talk in detail
about its benefits for joints. Whereas, according to many studies published in the Journal of Rheumatology, it showed that cycling
Aerobic and swimming are very helpful in reducing joint pain, stiffness and limitations.
Likewise, it also enhances the quality of life in middle-aged adults as well as the elderly, especially the injured
Also, people with rheumatoid arthritis who practice cycling
They improve their fitness and blood pressure and also reduce the phenomenon called tender joints.
Benefits of riding a bicycle for joints:
- The most important thing about cycling for joints is that it is a low-impact physical activity on the joints. Studies show the limited impact of cycling
pneumatic joints such as the hips, knees, and feet.
This means that the effect of cycling on the joints is low compared to other physical activities.
- Movement contributes to more lubrication of the joints, so pain and stiffness are reduced more.
- One of the benefits of riding a bicycle is burning fat, and this is very beneficial for the joints, as weight gain significantly increases arthritis
This causes increased pressure on the joints, especially on the knees. So the pain increases.
- People can follow different cycling regimens, which will have a positive effect on their health. For example, if riding a bicycle slowly, cycling can be intensified. And vice versa
Also, riding a bicycle for the joints can be very beneficial if it is done regularly, as it improves the general functions of the body, as well as the so-called
- One of the very important things while riding a bicycle is that it strengthens the entire thigh muscles, especially in the front of the thigh. As well as in the buttocks and thigh muscles in general are linked to the hamstrings of the knee and by supporting the muscles can support and protect the joints.
Tips and advice on riding a bicycle for joints:
- Choose a bicycle suitable for your size and size, as it must be at the appropriate distance from the ground so as to achieve more stability on the road and not cause damage to the body when falling.
- The bike should have suitable parts such as handlebars of sufficient length and width, and stay away from low handlebars, as they are not considered comfortable for those suffering from arthritis in the neck, back or upper extremities.
- Your choice of a hybrid bicycle with a high handlebar may be a suitable solution if you suffer from pain in the upper part of the body, neck or back.
That through this you can sit more straight, which relieves pain. This is the result of improving the range of motion of the hip and knee. Certainly, when you visit my bike store, you can rely on our professional staff who will give you the best advice for choosing, as well as adjusting your sitting method to your comfort.
- It is preferable to wear gloves to protect hands from vibrations as well as protection when falling. And in my bike store, you can choose the types of gloves that suit you, and in different options.
Additional important tips:
- Certainly, you should practice stretching exercises, especially as they warm the joints to ensure their safety while riding a bicycle.
- The going should be easy and slow for a short period of time at first and then try to increase the intensity gradually.
- Many doctors, through studies and scientific research, have shown that the starting period with a low intensity should be between 5 and 10 minutes. Also, riding a bicycle for joints may be beneficial if it is done
Do it for 150 minutes a week, meaning 30 minutes over 5 days.
Of course, for cyclists who wish, that time can also be divided into groups.
For example 3 periods of 10 minutes each.
- If you feel any pain, it is preferable to take a break so as not to cause additional pain in the joints.
As sometimes pressure may increase on the patellofemoral joint (the patella meets the thigh bone).
As a result, the pain in the knee increases.
Certainly, dear reader, you must consult a doctor and talk to him about your condition before you start riding a bike
The pneumatics of the joints, as the doctor is the best person who may determine the method that suits you best.
It determines the period sufficient for you to ride a bicycle.
Dear follower, we would like to inform you that my bike store provides you with the best possible solutions for bicycles suitable for all ages and businesses, as well as
We thank you for your follow-up, and we hope that we have succeeded in providing valuable and useful information to you